METAL BRASS is our 70% brass filled filament which is easy to print and polish. With MT-brass you can create the most beautiful objects with real METAL characteristics. It has a 2,2 x higher weight than PLA, a METAL feel & touch and thermal conductivity. Due to the high percentage of fillers MT-brass has virtually no shrinkage. Finally all above combined with the correct hardness results in a filament that can be printed on almost every type of FDM 3d printer available on the market with retraction enabled, on nozzles ≥0.35 mm.
- Approx. 70% brass content
- PLA-based, 2,2 times heavier
- Metal feel & “cold” touch
- Excellent printability on both direct & Bowden style 3D printers
- Processing additive added for easy & reliable printing
- Quick & easy polishing
- Possibility to print with retraction
- Works on nozzles ≥0.35 mm
|Specific gravity||ISO 1183||2,78 g/cc|
|melting temp.||ISO 294||195±10˚C|
|vicat softening temp.||ISO 306||65˚C|
MT-BRASS is available from stock in it’s natural brass colour. For other METALS have a look at our website.
MT-BRASS is available in nearly any type of packaging and labelling. Take in mind the high density of the product to select the preferred amount per reel. Ask our team to help you customizing your product.
MT-BRASS can be printed without a heated bed, but if you do have a heated bed the recommended temperature is ± 35-60˚C. Storage: Cool and dry (15-25˚C) and away from UV light. This enhances the shelf life significantly. MT-BRASS can be used on all common desktop FDM or FFF technology 3D printers.
* Please consider the use of a hardened steel nozzle when printing with MT-BRASS. The brass powder inside makes the filament abrasive and will result in fast wear of regular brass nozzles.